Increased educational resources are available to at least certain age groups and are now reaching larger numbers of children. The percentage of pre-adolescent athletes who have heard of steroids has increased significantly from 78% in 1989 to 88% in the current survey (p<.05). In 1989, only 50% of respondents had had steroid side effects explained to them. This significantly increased to 64% in the current study (p<.05). Currently, 60% of respondents felt that steroids, even if used carefully, would still harm the athlete compared to 56% in 1989 (p<.05). Furthermore, 65% currently consider steroid use a drug problem compared to 57% in 1989 (p<.05).
• The “ buy steroids online ” supplements have been known to cause organ damage, liver cancer, hormonal changes, psychological defects and even infertility.
• Users can get arrested for using these supplements.
• There is a greater risk of contracting Hepatitis B and C.
• Prolonged or even mild use can result in the risk of muscle, joint, ligament, and tendon damages and tears.
• Users have shown a more aggressive personality with extended use.
• Growth can be stunted at a young age — youngsters should avoid use of these supplements at all costs.
• Vein damage, circulatory, and respiratory issues.
• Suspensions from leagues, tournaments, competitions, and games for athletes found to be taking these supplements.
• Extended use can be fatal.
While steroids do not produce the euphoric high that other drugs produce, users can still become addicted to anabolic steroids. The longer an individual takes steroids, the higher the risk is that the drug will cause irreversible damage. Professional steroid addiction treatment will included a medically assisted withdrawal phase followed by counseling and therapy. Many steroid users need to be treated for depression after tapering off steroid use. A professional treatment facility is best equipped to address a recovering addict’s physical and psychological needs.