Nazi Germany used the Weimar coat of arms until 1935. The Nazi Party used a black eagle above a stylised oak wreath, with a swastika at its centre. With the eagle looking over its left shoulder, that is, looking to the right from the viewer's point of view, it symbolises the Nazi Party, and was therefore called the Parteiadler . After 1935 the Nazis introduced their party symbol as the national insignia ( Hoheitszeichen ) as well. This version symbolises the country ( Reich ), and was therefore called the Reichsadler . It can be distinguished from the Parteiadler because the eagle of the latter is looking over its right shoulder, that is, looking to the left from the viewer's point of view. The emblem was established by a regulation made by Adolf Hitler, November 1, 1935:
The Russian Republic was a short-lived state that controlled, de jure, the territory of the former Russian Empire after the abdication of Emperor Nicholas II on 15 March [. 2 March] 1917. Less than eight months later, the Republic was dissolved after the October Revolution on 7 November [. 25 October] 1917 and the establishment of the Russian Soviet Federative Socialist Republic (Russian SFSR). Officially, the Republic's government was the Provisional Government of Russia (Russian: Временное правительство России), although de facto control was split between the Provisional Government and the Petrograd Soviet.
The Coat of Arms of the German Democratic Republic featured a hammer and a compass , surrounded by a ring of rye . The hammer represented the workers in the factories . The compass represented the intelligentsia , and the ring of rye the farmers . The first designs included only the hammer and ring of rye, as an expression of the GDR as a communist "Workers' and Farmers' state" ( Arbeiter- und Bauernstaat ). Surrounded by a wreath , the state coat of arms also acted as the coat of arms for the East German National People's Army , and when surrounded by a twelve pointed white star , for the People's Police .It was adopted as the GDR's coat of arms by a law of 26 September 1955, and added to the national flag by a law of 1 October 1959. The coat of arms was officially abolished on 31 May 1990, by a decision of the GDR Parliament ( Volkskammer ).