The science has shown that people who eat primarily plant-based have got it right when it comes to nurturing Mother Earth with their food choices. On the one acre of land needed to produce 250 pounds of beef, we could grow 50,000 pounds of tomatoes, 53,000 pounds of potatoes or 30,000 pounds of carrots. The average person who eats plant-based can save 162,486 gallons of water a year , and cut their carbon footprint in half. But the icing on the plant-based cake is the fact we could redirect enough grain from the livestock system to feed BILLION people if every American stopped eating meat.
Increased educational resources are available to at least certain age groups and are now reaching larger numbers of children. The percentage of pre-adolescent athletes who have heard of steroids has increased significantly from 78% in 1989 to 88% in the current survey (p<.05). In 1989, only 50% of respondents had had steroid side effects explained to them. This significantly increased to 64% in the current study (p<.05). Currently, 60% of respondents felt that steroids, even if used carefully, would still harm the athlete compared to 56% in 1989 (p<.05). Furthermore, 65% currently consider steroid use a drug problem compared to 57% in 1989 (p<.05).
1. Do you think there is too much fighting on . Why or why not?
2. Do you think it is necessary to have alcohol at a party in order to have a good time?
3. Does it bother you to be around someone who has bad manners?
4. Should there be a dress code in places such as school, restaurants, and places of business? Why or why not?
5. Should animals be used for medical research?
6. Should the American Government financially support Olympic teams?
7. Should people be prohibited from smoking in certain places?
8. Families are important because...
9. Would you like to be famous? Why or why not? What would you like to be famous for?